Monday, January 2, 2012

Coordinating the Critique Group.

It always happens. There are several spots left for the critique group, then overnight, a whole lot of people sign up to participate. It is really cool, but I have to sort through all the RSVPS and figure out who will be showing art, and who won't. Right now it is overbooked, which is fine. There are always cancellations.

It is a lot of work, but I really enjoy the event. So, I keep doing it. We have been doing these critiques for almost a year now, and they keep getting better and better. Every time there are different people involved. There is a core group of about 30 different people who regularly come, not to every event, but frequently. This mixes the group up. PLUS every time there are usually about 4 to 6 new participants. It is exciting and rewarding to pull these people together and  enjoy talking about art!

I think i am done coordinating for now. I think i really need to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment