Thursday, January 12, 2012

Preparing for the critique tonight...

... I coordinate a monthly critique group. It is extremely rewarding and a good time. I like gathering passionate artists together and talking about art. The event has been growing steadily. The first group (april 2011) had 12 participants. The January 2012 group has 18 scheduled artists, a wait list of another 8 artists, and a total of about 40 people who RSVPed the event.

It is a free event, and we only gather once a month. It is still a lot of work. I have to create a Facebook invitation and monitor it regularly to make sure that we don' overbook. I have to coordinate with the venue to make sure that it is prepared for the event. I have to make sure that we have enough equipment and supplies for the event, including seating, easels, coolers, drinks, and snacks. To smoothly run the event, I have to maintain a roster.

I communicate with the group daily on Facebook, to remind them of the event, and to communicate the format to new participants. It is a passion, but it can be draining.



Anyway, it is tonight, and I am prepping for it now. Van is loaded, and i am printing out the roster and getting the last minute supplies together. If you are attending, I look forward to seeing you there. If you haven't attended one of these yet, you really should go sometime. It is a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment