Saturday, February 25, 2012

Visiting Artist...

... at Montverde Fine Arts Festival. It was very rewarding.

The sestival consists of music, dance, acting, and visual arts. I have been volunteering as a working artist, demonstrating what I do, for the past few years. It is a very cool event.

I spent the last few hours painting live, and talking to students about art. They loved watching what I was doing and asked a bunch of questions. I had a great time explaining art to 5 to 18 year old students... and their parents.  I always find this event very rewarding.

In addition, I was able to do significant work on a couple pieces! That was great!

This year, I hopefully helped motivate a couple adults engage in their art more. I talked a lot about Art Night Wednesdays (soon to be rebranded to Artists@Work Wednesdays) at OLV. I felt like the pied piper, encouraging everyone to follow their interest in art.

Well, that is where my head is now... and it is time to run off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment